Everything You Need to Know About CHG Applicator
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevent (CDC) has pointed out that catheter-related infections are preventable. These infections affect thousands of patients every year, increasing the incidence of disease and prolonging hospital stay. Worse still, they require additional medical intervention. An effective disinfectant for skin is the key to preventing such infections. So, which disinfectant should be used? The answer found in the updated CDC guidelines is “2% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG)”.
CDC considers that chlorhexidine gluconate has several distinct advantages:
1) Better germicidal efficacy than other fungicides
2) Quick and sustained sterilization without irritating the skin
3) Maintaining bactericidal activity against protein-rich microorganisms
CHG has a rapid, broad-spectrum and lasting bactericidal function, significantly reducing microbes on the skin. It provides an essential defense against various microorganisms for at least 48 hours. Preoperative skin disinfectant formulated with 2% chlorhexidine gluconate and 70% isopropanol (IPA) meets the stringent clinical requirements of the FDA for new drug applications. It kills more bacteria than traditional iodophor and alcohol, becoming the most exciting breakthrough in disinfectant research after povidone-iodine.
The applicator with this formulation has proved to be effective in reducing the incidence of bloodstream infections and surgical site infections. CHG can destroy the cell membrane and make it segregate into precipitable substances while IPA quickly destroys the protein of microbial cells and denatures them. CHG applicators, mainly used for skin disinfection before surgery, are gaining popularity across the globe nowadays. A case in point is MANTACC’s chlorhexidine applicator. Its MCA-260 has been widely used by CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention), INS (Infusion Nurses Society), SHEA (Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America) and IDSA (Infectious Diseases Society of America).
What are the advantages of chlorhexidine applicator?
1. Easy to use: The handle of the applicator contains a disinfectant solution, which can kill microorganisms quickly so that you don’t have to wait for a long time to soak the sponge.
2. Sterile technology: It is made of disposable products. The extended plastic handle can help you avoid direct contact with sponge head and patients, reducing the probability of cross-infection.
3. Large soft head: In particular, MANTACC’s MCA-105 is made of medical-grade 100PPI open-cell polyurethane foam, which can help fungicides penetrate the first five layers of epidermis cells, killing most of the remaining microbial cells.
4. Keep effective in protein-rich microbes: Bactericidal activity still exists in the blood, serum, and other protein-rich microorganisms.
5. Quick and lasting: Quickly kill most microbes and bacteria on the skin and Maintain antimicrobial activity for at least 48 hours
6. Broad-spectrum: Effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including Staphylococcus (MRSA), Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE), Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacter (CRE), Acinetobacter, etc.
What should I consider to use chlorhexidine applicator?
1. Use cautiously for 2-month-old and premature infants. The product may cause irritation or burns to the baby’s skin.
2. This product is disposable. Please discard it immediately after use.
3. Use in well-ventilated areas.
4. Do not use for lumbar puncture or meningeal surgery
5. Do not use for open wounds or daily skin cleaning.
6. Do not use in patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or isopropanol
7. Keep out of touch with eyes, ears and mouth.
8. Storage at 15-30 degrees Celsius (58-86 degrees Fahrenheit)
9. Avoid freezing or storage at temperatures exceeding 40 C (104 F) to maintain its optimal efficacy.
10. Before using the skin disinfection cotton swab before using chlorhexidine gluconate, please read the instructions carefully on the package and follow the doctor’s instructions.
Chlorhexidine applicator has considerably facilitated our life. This guide may help us make sure we are in good hands when we use it. Looking for high-quality chlorhexidine applicator? Perhaps you can give MANTACC a try. It is an expert in manufacturing superior medical product for more than 15 years and is certified to ISO 9000, ISO 14001, ISO13485 and FDA.
For more info, please visit https://www.mantacc.com/.
Sir Paul Approves: Odd Guitars Offers 3D-printed Bass Guitars in the Style of The Beatles
Top 9 Tamil New Video Songs To Watch
Kratom for Entrepreneurs and Solopreneurs
Declutter Your Life For A Clear And Transformative Year
Best Telugu Songs You Should Add to Playlist
Interesting facts About S.P.Balasubramanyam
Top 10 Highly Paid Music Directors in Tamil
Why Do Manufacturers Use Robotic Screw Driving Systems for Better Revenue?
All you Need to Know About Online Casinos
Top 4 Casino Games with Best Payout
What are the Best Card Games Online
Top 5 Gift Baskets Sending Ideas
All You Need to Know About Legality of Online Casinos
Seven Reasons AP Automation and Remote Work Go Hand-in-Hand
How to Ensure that you are Dealing with the worthy Totosite?
8 Sites You Have to Check Every Day
Tech4 months ago
7 Solid Reasons Why E-commerce is the future of Shopping
Guides7 months ago
The Most Popular Vape Tricks and How to Do Them
Internet7 months ago
5 Secrets To Hiring The Right SEO Agency
Travel8 months ago
All You Need to Know about Foster City, California
Business8 months ago
China’s Huawei Technologies Blacklisted in the U.S.
Home5 months ago
How to Light up A Store with the Perfect LED Light Design
Health & Beauty6 months ago
Smok Alien the best e-cig kits? A Review
Featured7 months ago
Turkey: A Traveler’s Ultimate Destination