An electronic signature certificate is a digital file which contains fields that allow linking and determining the identity of a specific person.
According to our legislation, the Electronic Commerce Law, Electronic Signatures, and Data Messages:
“Art. 20.- “Electronic signature certificate.- It is the data message that certifies the link of an electronic signature with a specific person, through a verification process that confirms their identity.”
“Art. 22.- Requirements of the electronic signature certificate.- The electronic signature certificate to be considered valid will contain the following requirements:
- Identification of the information certification entity;
- Legal address of the information certification entity;
- The data of the certificate holder that allows its location and identification;
- The method of verifying the signature of the certificate holder;
- The certificate issuance and expiration dates;
- The unique serial number that identifies the certificate;
- The electronic signature of the information certification entity;
- Limitations or restrictions for the uses of the certificate
- The others indicated in this law and the regulations. ”
DOES THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE HAVE LEGAL VALIDITY?
According to the Law on electronic commerce, electronic signatures and data messages:
Art. 14.- Effects of the electronic signature.- The electronic signature will have the same validity and the same legal effects will be recognized as for a handwritten signature in relation to the data recorded in written documents, and it will be admitted as evidence in court.
WHO CAN CERTIFY A PERSON’S IDENTITY FOR THE ISSUANCE OF AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE?
Certification entities are sole proprietorships or legal entities that issue electronic signature certificates and can provide other services related to electronic signature.
Verify and guarantee the authenticity of data and identity of applicants prior to the issuance of certificates so that there is a match between identification and signature.
- Observe a quick and effective way to give notice in case of risks on the signature or certificates.
- Maintain a strict confidentiality standard regarding the data and documentation submitted.
WHAT GUARANTEES DOES THE USE OF THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE in word OFFER US?
The electronic signature gives us the following guarantees:
- Authenticity: The information in the document and its electronic signature undoubtedly correspond to the person who has signed it that is why we always preferred to add an electronic signature in word.
- Integrity: The information contained in the electronic document has not been modified or altered after its signature.
- Non-repudiation: The person who has electronically signed with a certificate issued by an accredited certification body cannot deny its authorship.
- Confidentiality: The information contained has been encrypted and by the will of the issuer, only the receiver is allowed to decrypt it.
WHAT CAN I USE MY MICROSOFT WORD DIGITAL SIGNATURE?
Year by year, the use of electronic signatures has become more widespread, mainly in digital document management, where they are used to grant legal validity to the different documents that need to be signed and stored in some central repository or in the cloud they also have the feature of Microsoft Word Digital Signature. Therefore at present where more use is being given is in:
- Customs (SENAE, ECUAPASS)
- Sanitary Registries (VUE)
- Superintendency of companies
- Secure Mail
HOW CAN I ACQUIRE OR RENEW MY ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE?
SecurityData has several types of care, the first is by appointment in which you send the request through our online forms where you can choose the type of care to acquire your signature, which can be: approaching our offices, by video call or home visit.
Additionally, we have the express service, which is 15 minutes we deliver your electronic signature.