When installing electrical units, care has to be taken at every step of the way to ensure there is no loose wiring or connection.
It only takes one mistake to cause serious bodily harm and even lethal damage to anyone who comes in contact with such a loose cord. Likewise, there is a need for making joints, links, and such in the electrical installation.
When it comes to large scale operations, the sensitivity of materials to be used for these linkages are to be highly considered. Thus, there came the need for many a composite insulator in the electrical installations industry too.
The Journey of Insulators
The basic knowledge of insulators puts forward that they should be materials which are very poor conductors of electricity. This way, they can achieve their essential task without having to worry about the stress and shocks from the electrical load which will be placed on them.
Furthermore, they should be safe enough that they do not store electrical charges which could be harmful to operators or any other individual near the insulation system.
Thus, the use of ceramics was borne.
Although ceramics did get the job done, there were a lot of fundamental errors in their composition and physical properties which would soon make them less than ideal.
For one, ceramics tend to be heavy. This created a problem of its own during the transportation of these insulators from one place to the other.
Speaking of transportation, the brittle nature of ceramics wasn’t helping matters either. Extra care needs to be taken during movement to ensure that they do not fall, crack, or break. Since they are naturally brittle, they were also at a high risk of crashing when they have been in use for long. This means extra costs of replacing cracked units in transit and extra allocations to replacing the damaged ceramic insulators to maintain the structural integrity of electrical systems.
All these, and more, were problems solved with the introduction of silicone rubber insulators. Silicone has come to become the choice for substation insulator systems for:
- Having excellent electrical performance. The carbon atom number of silicon rubber insulator is less than that of organic polymer, which effectively improves the reliability of operation.
- Having excellent waterproof performance. The surface of the silicon rubber insulator is the methyl group, so it has hydrophobicity. Its pollution withstands voltage is 2-2.5 times of that of ceramics. And it can be applied in the heavily polluted place without cleaning.
- Being good at heat and cold resistance. Because of its high bond energy and chemical stability, silicone rubber insulator has better heat resistance than organic polymer. Moreover, due to the weak interaction between molecules, the cold resistance is good.
- Being lightweight – even so that it is about 80% lighter than glass, which is also lighter than ceramic
- Having amazing mechanical strength to absorb shocks and prevent breakages during transport
- Reduction in the cost of transportation and installation
- Being easier and cheaper to maintain, among other things.
Getting the right Silicone Rubber Molding Machine
When Choosing a silicon rubber molding machine, Dekuma may be a consideration.
Dekuma assures electrical engineers of the best range of silicone rubber insulators with the use of its novel Rubber Injection Molding Machine. Leveraging knowledge from German and Chinese engineers who have worked jointly on the project, they boast a solid track record of insulating materials that work the way they are supposed to.
They have a series of molding machines that produce all kinds of silicon rubber insulator used in the electrical industry. And under the guidance of German technical consultants, the operation is very simple.
Having the largest hollow sleeve insulator production equipment in all of China in their inventory, it is little wonder why Dekuma is the choice of savvy and experienced electrical engineers and constructors.
6 Components of a Successful Sales Training Program
Is A Casino Licensing A Sign Of Reliability And Quality?
How to Be More Fashionable: A Detailed Guide for Men
How to Leverage Geolocation for Your Mobile App
3 Things You Should Know About Arizona Solar
Is Hiring an Artist For Your Next Party Worth It?
4 Ways to Initiate Poverty Eradication in Developing Countries
What Are The Roles And Responsibilities Of An Android Developer
Tech3 years ago
7 Solid Reasons Why E-commerce is the future of Shopping
Travel3 years ago
All You Need to Know about Foster City, California
Home3 years ago
How to Light up A Store with the Perfect LED Light Design
Internet3 years ago
5 Secrets To Hiring The Right SEO Agency
Career2 years ago
Honest Career Digitized- Review
Business3 years ago
China’s Huawei Technologies Blacklisted in the U.S.
Tech3 years ago
Affordable innovation: A look at Samsung’s Galaxy A70
Featured3 years ago
Turkey: A Traveler’s Ultimate Destination