Is DMT Harmful?
DMT (dimethyltryptamine) is a hallucinogenic compound found naturally in a variety of plant species and produced endogenously in the human brain. Although the brain produces it naturally, the compound itself is still a Schedule 1 drug under the Controlled Substances Act, as the drug produces psychoactive effects and no known medical value has been established by the FDA.
DMT may be consumed in the psychedelic Amazonian plant brew known as ayahuasca, or it may be snorted, smoked, or injected in a synthetic white crystalline powder form.
DMT does not appear to produce tolerance and dependence in the same way that drugs like cocaine, heroin or alcohol do. However, there are still adverse effects associated with use and abuse of DMT.
DMT’s Short-Term Effects
DMT is commonly taken by users seeking a psychedelic “trip” similar to those produced by the ingestion of LSD or psilocybin. Many drug users choose DMT as an alternative to LSD because the duration of the trip is much shorter, lasting approximately 30 to 45 minutes rather than several hours, as is the case with LSD.
The drug has a rapid onset and effects are typically felt immediately.
A hallucinogenic DMT trip usually results in:
- Altered perception of time and space.
- Feelings of intense joy.
- Visual and auditory hallucinations.
- Out-of-body experience.
- Perception of bright, intensified colors.
- Perceived insights or epiphanies (often believed to have come from aliens, divinities or other mystical beings).
- Physiological side effects of DMT may include:
- Dilated pupils.
- Involuntary rapid eye movement.
- Increased heart rate.
- High blood pressure.
- Coordination problems.
- Nausea and vomiting (typically when taken in oral forms such as ayahuasca).
- Coma and/or respiratory arrest (reported in high doses).
Long-Term Effects of Abusing DMT
You can easily find DMT for sale online but you need to do more research that needs to be done in order to determine the long-term adverse effects of DMT abuse. As of now, research has not indicated that DMT creates tolerance in users.
The greatest risks of long-term use of DMT are psychological since use puts the individual at the risk of developing psychosis and experiencing persistent flashbacks and hallucinations. Flashbacks can occur frequently and spontaneously. Some users may experience flashbacks of drug experiences months or even years after use. Flashbacks may cause a feeling of re-experiencing the hallucinogenic trip, resulting in a re-emergence of visual or auditory hallucinations or a reliving of traumatic memories or experiences.
Frequent use of the classic hallucinogens as class to which DMT belongs can lead to persistent psychosis. Symptoms of persistent psychosis include:
- Disordered mood.
- Disorganized thought.
- Persistent paranoia.
- Visual disturbances.
DMT Addiction Treatment
Currently, there are no FDA-approved medications for the treatment of DMT addiction 2. However, those who are struggling with addiction to DMT can seek effective behavioral therapies to help them control their drug use and find sobriety. Some common forms of behavioral therapy and treatment that may benefit someone struggling with DMT abuse include 5:
- Individual or group counseling: One on one or group counseling to address the underlying factors contributing to the abuse.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: A type of therapy that focuses on teaching individuals’ techniques to use to cope with cravings in a healthy way and avoid relapse when a craving arises.
- 12-step programs: Support groups that provide a linear, step-by-step process to recovery amongst the support of peers facing similar addictions and struggles.
- Contingency management (behavioral incentives): A strategy that provides rewards and other forms of positive reinforcement for specific target behaviors such as abstinence.
Mobile App Vs Mobile Website: Which One Is More Suited for Your Business?
Here is How You Can Make Money While Sleeping
Do Asimov’s Laws of Robotics Still Apply?
The 4 Best Casino Table Games
Got Man Boobs? How To Dress Sharp With Gynecomastia
How to Choose The Best Water Park Equipment
How to Choose Industrial Casters as the Industry Evolves
All you Need to Know About Online Casinos
The Most Amazing Facts about Premier League Trophy
Top 4 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil
Skincare Routine (with ingredients from your kitchen) For All Kind of Skins
Top 4 Casino Games with Best Payout
All you Need to Know About Online Casinos
Things to Consider Before Taking Adderall
The Most Popular Card Games in the World
All you need to know About DMT
Tech6 months ago
7 Solid Reasons Why E-commerce is the future of Shopping
Travel10 months ago
All You Need to Know about Foster City, California
Internet10 months ago
5 Secrets To Hiring The Right SEO Agency
Guides10 months ago
The Most Popular Vape Tricks and How to Do Them
Home7 months ago
How to Light up A Store with the Perfect LED Light Design
Business11 months ago
China’s Huawei Technologies Blacklisted in the U.S.
Fashion7 months ago
7 Beautiful Ways to Apply Face Glitter
Tech10 months ago
Affordable innovation: A look at Samsung’s Galaxy A70