When are the mother of the bride dresses in tea length appropriate? What’s up with all this talk about formal, casual, semiformal, and does anyone really care? (Well, answers will follow, but I would like to mention that some mother of the bride dresses can be smashing as bridal gowns for a second marriage.)
Some people care about rules. Some people don’t. However, in order to break the rules, you should know the rules; otherwise, you will end up looking like someone who doesn’t know a faux pas from fox paws.
Wedding Attire for Party Members
Here are the basic rules were drawn up by the Matrimonial-Industrial Complex:
- First, the bride chooses her gown, and the formality of her gown sets the tone for everyone else.
- Step two, the bride chooses the colors for the bridesmaids’ dresses in an attempt to humiliate her friends, cousins, and female siblings.
- Next, the mother of the bride (MOB) chooses her dress, based on the appropriate level of formality, in a color that blends with the chosen color palette. (In reality, the mother of the bride started shopping almost as soon as the engagement was announced.)
- Then, the mother of the groom selects a dress that is in harmony with the MOB dress. The groom’s mother should get a dress that is similar to the MOB dress, but not the same color. (In reality, the mother of the groom has been shopping just like the MOB, and has several dresses on hold, in an attempt to look better than the mother of the bride.)
- Finally, someone remembers the flower girls and finds adorable frocks for them to prance around in while throwing rose petals.
Formal or Informal Weddings
Some families from the East Coast get wedgies if you don’t do things the “right way”. Most families in North America are not sticklers about little details, as long as everything ends up being harmonious in the end and there’s plenty of alcohol and a good DJ.
The “formality” of a wedding is mainly determined by the bridal dress and the time of day. For a very formal wedding, in most of the country, the mother of the bride would usually wear a long “special occasion” dress. This is not the case in Southern California, land of opportunity to wear whatever you want. San Francisco proper can be more like the East Coast, but you could also expect to see 300-pound men in tutus and fairy wings. In the Pacific Northwest (Seattle or Vancouver), you could end up at a “somewhat formal” wedding on a ferryboat.
I guess that my point is that “formal”, “informal”, and “casual” mean different things in different parts of the world.
Mother of the Bride Dresses – Tea Length
Here are more rules that you can use if you want. The bridal family’s taste trumps the groom’s family’s taste. You can make the groom’s mother wear a feather duster on her head if you want … and the marriage will, certainly, last one week.
- For a formal wedding, the mothers can wear either long or tea-length dresses.
- Wedding party photos come out better if the mothers wear dresses with similar hemlines.
- If the mother of the bride chooses a tea-length dress, the mother of the groom should wear a tea-length dress (or suit).
- If the mother of the bride chooses to wear a hat, the mother of the groom should also wear a hat.
- If the mother of the bride chooses to wear gloves, they both should, and so on, but they should avoid looking like twins.
- If the bride is wearing a tea-length dress, the mothers should go with tea length.
- These rules are guidelines, only. No hemline Nazis allowed.
The mother of the bride dresses in tea length is almost always appropriate. You can play with higher or lower hemlines and stay within the tea dress range, so the mother of the groom will probably be happy with tea-length, as well. However, you are the mother of the bride and you are doing all the work. Wear something that makes you happy.
Mother of the Bride Dresses – Hanbok
On the special occasion of your wedding, Korean Hanbok can be a great option for the mother of the bride. She would look modern and unique with this tradition Korean clothing available at Korean Hanbok Store.
The best feature of the Korean Hanboks is that they are unique and premium quality, often handmade by artisans.
Downloadable PC Games Free Doesn’t Have To Be Hard. Check These Free Trusted Sites
Adam Ferrari Explains Why Modern Workers Demand a Sense of Purpose from Their Jobs
Ways to Show Your Employees You Care
Best Ways to Prep for the MBLEx Massage Exam
Benefits of Massage and Spa Therapies
Men’s Ultimate Guide: Preventing Sweat and Odor
How Many CPE Hours to CPA’s Need?
Intermittent Fasting 101
Top 7 Must-Have Car Care Accessories
10 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas
Get Started on the Road to Success, Social Media
Consumer Tech Solutions Continue to Make Our Lives Comfortable
Importance Of A Healthy Intimate Life
5 Safe Practices for a Secure Connection
The Wisdom of Hiring Mold Remediation Services
Give The Gift of Deluxe Beauty Samples for Valentine’s Day
Tech1 year ago
7 Solid Reasons Why E-commerce is the future of Shopping
Travel2 years ago
All You Need to Know about Foster City, California
Home1 year ago
How to Light up A Store with the Perfect LED Light Design
Internet2 years ago
5 Secrets To Hiring The Right SEO Agency
Guides10 months ago
The Most Popular Vape Tricks and How to Do Them
Business2 years ago
China’s Huawei Technologies Blacklisted in the U.S.
Career4 months ago
Honest Career Digitized- Review
Tech2 years ago
Affordable innovation: A look at Samsung’s Galaxy A70